Who Is Prof. Dr. Alper Çelik?
Alper Celik was born in Aksaray on 26.02.1975. He completed his secondary education at Iskenderun Namık Kemal Primary School at Iskenderun Istiklal Makzume Anatolian High School. In 1993, he began his medical education at Ankara University Faculty of Medicine. In 2000, he began his residency in general surgery at Ankara Oncology Training and Research Hospital and completed his residency in 2004. Alper Celik was a lecturer at Tokat Gaziosmanpasa University in 2005 and then asst. Assoc.prof. He was a faculty member.
In 2007, Prof. At the invitation of Dr. Fumio Konishi, he worked as a clinical and research fellow at Saitama Medical Center of Jichi Medical University in Japan. During this time, he completed two research projects and had the opportunity to work and research with Dr. Kazunori Kasama during the same period. In 2008, he was able to work with Dr. Ricardo Cohen and Dr. Louis Berti at Sao Paolo Sao Camilio Hospital in Brazil. He then worked with Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala and Dr. Suren Ugale in India.
Alper Çelik completed his military service in 2009 at Ankara Gülhane Military Medical Academy. In 2010, prof. Prof. In addition to Dr. Nicola Scopinaro, he studied BPD (Biliopanchreadia) surgery. In the same year, he left his position at Gaziosmanpasa University and attended The New Century University of Universal Hospitals. Assoc.prof. He started working as a dr.
In June 2011, Alper Celik, an Associate Professor, founded the Metabolic Surgery Unit at Universal Taksim German Hospital in September 2011.
In 2012, he founded the Academy of Metabolic Surgery, the Metabolic Surgery Association in 2013, the Istanbul Metabolic Surgery Clinic in 2014 and the Turkish Metabolic Surgery Foundation.
In 2015, he founded the National Obesity Database.
In 2016, he was awarded the title of Professor Doctor.
Assoc.prof. Dr. Alper Çelik speaks good English, moderate German and Japanese. He is married with one child.
- In February 2012, he attended the Metabolic Surgery on Metabolic Surgery for Type 2 Diabetes in Singapore, India. Ileal participated in interposition workshop practice and later served as president of consensus at the Metabolic Surgery Consensus Conference held in Bangalor, India.
- “Diabetes Surgery BMI 24-34″ held in Malaga, Spain, on 16-18 February 2012. How and Why” participated in the organization.
- He was a speaker at the AMESCON conference in Dubai from 14-17 March 2012.
- The Metabolic Surgery session of the IFSO-EC (International Federation For Surgical Treatment and Related Disorders-European Chapter) meeting held in Barcelona, Spain, on 26-28 April 2012, was held in Izmir from 23-27 May 2012. He served as a speaker at the National Surgical Congress in the sessions titled “Metabolic Syndrome and Surgical Treatment”.
- Dr. Celik served as an editor and speaker at the Ileal Interposition Symposium held on June 16, 2012 at Taksim German Hospital in Istanbul.
- Then, on October 20, 2012, he was also in Taksim German Hospital. He successfully organized the National Ileal Interposition Workshop application. In late 2012, the 1st Edition was held in Antalya on November 15, 2012.
- The Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Workshop was held in Frankfurt from 22-23 November 2012.
- He was a speaker at the Frankfurter Meeting meeting and a symposium on surgical approaches to obesity and metabolic diseases held in Konya from November 30th to December 1st.
- He attended the meeting titled “Excellence In Diabetes” in Istanbul between 6-8 February 2013.
- Alper Celik, who joined the Obesity Symposium and the Obesity Fighting Platform as a speaker on March 8-9 this year, attended the Abant Diabetes Days meeting held on April 8, 2013.
- He attended the “IFSO APC Meeting” congress in Taiwan from April 10-13, 2013 as a speaker and speaker.
- The 49th Edition of the 49th Edition held in Antalya between 17-21 April 2013.
- Alper Celik, who attended the National Diabetes Congress as a speaker, attended the symposium on Metabolic Surgery held at the University of Cologne on May 22, 2013 at the invitation of the Association of Turkish University and Academicians of Germany. In May and June of the same year, he gave information about Metabolic Surgery at information meetings and seminars held in Azerbaijan, Georgia. In May of that year, he gave a seminar titled Surgical Treatment of type 2 diabetes at Asfendiyarov University in Kazakhstan.
- Ifso (International Federation for Surgical Treatment of Obesity and Related Disorders) held between 28-31.08.2013 is the 18th edition of the 18th Edition. He was on the organizing committee of the world congress. The chair of the session served as a speaker and performed one live surgery with Dr. Surendra Ugale.
- He then attended the Symposium on Metabolic Syndrome held in Bodrum on 5-8 September 2013.
- He attended the 2013 Congress of ELCD (Endoscopic Laparoscopic Surgery Association) held between 2-6 October 2013.
- 17-19 October 2013 in Serbia. CME Alma mons was a member of the organizing board and as a speaker at the Mons International Course event and performed live surgery at the same event.
- He was a member of the regulatory committee and as a speaker at the Decision Making in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Congress in Rome on October 24-26.
- 7-9 November 2013 in Ankara, 7- 9 November 2013. He was a speaker at the Surgical Research Congress.
- On November 15-16, 2013, he attended the International Diabetes Leaders Summit in Istanbul.
- On January 10, 2014, he gave a speech at Denizli Pamukkale University on the Location of Surgery and Physiological Foundations for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes.
- He attended the 7th International Conference on Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes in Vienna from 5 – 8 February 2014.
- On February 22, 2014, he attended the ISAHED Academy Diabetes Management Congress. He was a speaker at the Diabetes Surgery by tailored BAGUA: Advantages congress in Malaga on March 7 – 8, 2014.
- On March 14 – 16, 2014, he attended the Traditional Days of Internal Medicine congress organized by Istanbul Medical Faculty in Sapanca. On April 6, 2014, the 1st Edition was held by Dünyagöz in Istanbul. He was a speaker at the International Symposium on Participating Diabetes.
- The 50th Edition of the 50th Edition held in Antalya between 23 – 27 April 2014. He attended the Diabetes Congress as chairman of the Board of Directors of the Association of Metabolic Surgery.
- He attended the IFSO EC 2014 (6th Congress of the International Federation for the Obesity and Metabolic Disorders, Europeean Chapter) held in Belgium from 30 April to 3 May 2014.
- 08 – 11 May 2014 held in Antalya 1. He attended the Istanbul Family Medicine Association Congress with international participation as chairman of the Board of Directors of the Association of Metabolic Surgery.
- On May 17, 2014, he gave a speech about Metabolic Surgery at the Congress called Abant Diabetes Days held at Şişli Etfal Hospital.
- He attended ifso 2014 in Canada from August 26th to 30, 2014 as a speaker.
- Between 05 – 09 November 2014, he attended the Eastern Mediterranean Congress of The International Cardiometabolic Syndrome in TRNC and as chairman of the Board of Directors of the Association of Metabolic Surgery at the Eastern Mediterranean Health Sciences Student Symposium. He gave speeches called “Metabolic Surgery” and “Metabolic Surgery: Why and How?”
- 20 – 21 November 2014 in Germany. Frankfurter Meeting attended the congress “Laparoscopic Surgery in Obesity and Metabolic Disorders”.
- On November 24, 2014, he performed ileal interposition surgery live in the organization, which was organized in collaboration with the Association for Dialogue in Endocrinology and the Turkish Metabolic Surgery Foundation.
- He attended the IASGO (24th World Congress of the International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists) in Vienna from 04 – 06 December 2014.
- “Metabolic Surgery as President of the Metabolic Surgery Association” at the congress “Looking at Diabetes 2014″ held in Konya between 25 – 28 December 2014. Why and How?”
- He gave a speech titled “Surgical Meetings: Effective Surgical Methods in the Treatment of Obesity and Metabolic Diseases” in Istanbul between 15 – 16 January 2015, titled “Ileal interposition is a more effective method for the treatment of metabolic diseases according to Minigastric bypass and medical treatment: My surgical experience and results”.
- He attended the congress “16th Congress of the Modern Egyptian Surgical Society & 3rd Congress of the Association of Pan Arab Surgical Obesity Society” in Egypt from 28 – 31 January 2015.
- The “12th annual Ineternational Congress and Training Workshop” held in Egypt on 26 – 28 February 2015. 10th winter meeting of the Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Endoscopic Surgery Association (MMESA). He attended the 3rd Congress of the Egyptian Society of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery (ESBMS).”
- He attended the congress “Nutrition Approach in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and Bariatric Surgical Dietitian Course” held at Medipol University Hospital in Istanbul on March 6-7, 2015 as a speaker and chair of the session.
- He attended the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders Asia Pacific Chapter Meeting, held in South Korea from April 9 – 11, 2015 as a moderator, session president and panellist.
- 23 – 26 April 2015 held in Antalya 7. “Surgical treatment in a diabetic non-obese patient” speech at the National Congress of Endocrine Surgery.
- He attended the 1st New Technologies and Expert International Meeting in France from 24 – 25 April 2015 as a speaker.
- He attended the “1st Qatar International Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Summit” congress in Qatar between 1-2 May 2015 and was on the organizing committee.
- On Thursday, May 21st, Bursa Orhangazi Municipality City Council held a panel discussion on “Metabolic Surgery”.
- On May 22, 2015, he gave a speech on “Metabolic-Bariatric Surgical Practices, General Approaches, Current Situations” at brisith University of Nicosia’s panel titled “Metabolic-Bariatric Surgery: Multidisciplinary Approach”.
- He attended the International Conference on Weight Loss and Fitness Expo in the United States from July 13th to July 15, 2015 as a session president and speaker. He also appeared on the organizing committee at this congress.
- He attended the “IFSO 2015” congress in Vienna, Austria, from 26 – 29 August 2015. “METABOLIC OUTCOMES OF LAPAROSCOPIC DIVERTED SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY WITH ILEAL TRANSPOSITION (DSIT) IN OBESE TYPE 2 DIABETIC PATIENTS” gave a speech at the IFSO 2015 congress.
- He was a moderator and speaker at the IASGO (World Congress of the International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists) in China from 4-6 September 2015.
- He presented at wcitt2d (3rd World Congress on Interventional Therapies for Type 2 Diabetes) in London from 28-30 September 2015.
- The 4th Edition held in Antalya between 1-4 October 2015. He was a speaker at the National & 1 Mediterranean Congress of Metabolic Diseases and Morbid Obesity Surgery.
- He attended the CODHy (The 5th World Congress on Controversies to Consensus in Diabetes, Obeseisity and Hypertension) held in Istanbul on November 5 – 7, 2015.
- He was on the organizing committee at the 12th International B.E.S.T. Congress in Spain from 30 November to 1 December 2015, as well as as a session chairman.
- 4 – 5 December 2015 in Istanbul, 2015. He attended the Obesity Symposium as a speaker.
- On December 26, 2015, he attended the Symposium on Type 2 Diabetes and Metabolic Surgery in Samsun as a speaker and performed live surgery.
- He performed live surgery at the event organized by OSSICON on February 12 – 16, 2016.
- Assoc.prof. Dr. Alper Celik attended the Pan Arab Obesity Surgery Congress, which was held for the fourth time this year in Hurghada, Egypt, as a session president and speaker. Giving information about Metabolic Surgery to members of the press, Celik; a plaque was presented at the end of the congress.
- He attended the Obesity Summit in London on 12 – 14 April 2016.
- On April 30, 2016, he attended the Metabolic Surgery Symposium held in Izmir as a speaker and performed live surgery at the same symposium.
- On May 14, 2016, Denizli held a Symposium on Metabolic Surgery.
- From September 23rd to September 24th, he attended the “High Tech Surgery Association 1st American Meeting” in Curitiba, Brazil, as a speaker, organising committee member and representative of the country.
- He attended the “IFSO 2016, XXI World Congress of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders” congress in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from September 28th to October 1st.
- On November 16, 2016, he gave a speech at the French National Academy of Surgery in Paris, France.
- He performed live surgery at obesity days 2016 in Frankfurt on 17 – 19 November 2016.
- He attended the 13th International BEST Congress 2016 congress in Naples, Italy from December 5th to 6th.